PROJECT 5: E11 HASBRO CONVERSION

DATE: MAY 2004 - MAY 2008

 

This project has been developed until now in 3 stages:

 

Stage 1 was buying a Blastech E11 from Hasbro on eBay, modifying it a little by taking off the front nozzle tip, and paint it black.

 

Stage 2 was converting it to a more movie accurate E11 stormtrooper blaster by adding the folding stock, the mag housing and clip, change the front muzzle, adjust the scope, and finishing it with a better painting and weathering job. For this add-ons, I used the templates of iambubby. They only need some minor adjustments to fit the Hasbro blaster. Thanks bubby! The material I used is freefoam PVC sheets. It is a wonderful material to work with. Easy to cut (cutter or dremel) and you can give it the curves you want by applying heat (heat gun or boiling water). Putty and sand. For the paint job, I used flat black and semi-gloss lacquer.

 

Stage 3 is an upgrade where I painted the blaster with new paint,  and adding the rubber T-strips on the barrel. The paint I used is called 'pavonado' in Spain and should mean something like 'black oxide' or 'bluing'.  It gives it a real metal look and feel. I got the idea after receiving my Master Replicas blaster that has this similar finish. The rubber T-strips were purchased at  Blast-Tech. I removed the plastic rails with the dremel tool and glued on the strips. They come with adhesive tape, but I preferred to remove this tape and use glue to make sure they don't come off. Note that I didn't cover the barrel holes on the side. This because de Hasbro blaster has only one row of holes I didn't want to cover them. On the original blaster, T-strips were on top of all barrel holes, except on the lower left side. I could drill some new holes ... maybe in the next stage ;-)

 

Stage 4, more T-strips on both sides of the barrel and weathering.

 

 

1-THE HASBRO STORMTROOPER BLASTER

E11_01.jpg (78286 bytes)    E11_02.jpg (79506 bytes)    E11_07.jpg (100170 bytes)    E11_08.jpg (101446 bytes)

 

2-PAINTING FLAT BLACK & WEATHERING (STAGE 1)

E11_09.jpg (72947 bytes)    E11_10.jpg (67513 bytes)    E11_11.jpg (65165 bytes)    E11_12.jpg (84603 bytes)

 

3-CONVERTING WITH ADD-ONS (STAGE 2)

E11_15.jpg (99948 bytes)    E11_14.jpg (103800 bytes)    E11_18.jpg (96511 bytes)    E11_21.jpg (73598 bytes)    E11_22.jpg (51426 bytes)    E11_23.jpg (88331 bytes)    E11_24.jpg (99538 bytes)    E11_25.jpg (82870 bytes)    E11_26.jpg (72130 bytes)    E11_27.jpg (61563 bytes)    E11_30.jpg (88742 bytes)    E11_32.jpg (73591 bytes) 

 

3-PAINTING FLAT BLACK & WEATHERING (STAGE 2)

E11_34.jpg (107779 bytes)    E11_35.jpg (100545 bytes)    E11_36.jpg (116838 bytes)    E11_58.jpg (83155 bytes)    E11_59.jpg (66825 bytes)    E11_60.jpg (76217 bytes)    E11_64.jpg (65561 bytes)    E11_66.jpg (74818 bytes)

 

4- UPGRADING (STAGE 3): REPAINTING AND ADDING RUBBER T-PIECES

E11_69.jpg (164904 bytes)    E11_70.jpg (139144 bytes)    E11_71.jpg (128024 bytes)    E11_73.jpg (85675 bytes)    E11_74.jpg (124188 bytes)    E11_75.jpg (139271 bytes)   E11_76.jpg (156197 bytes) E11_77.jpg (162902 bytes)    E11_78.jpg (107717 bytes)    E11_81.jpg (110547 bytes)    E11_90.jpg (106524 bytes)

E11_79.jpg (81484 bytes)    E11_80.jpg (86239 bytes)    E11_83.jpg (105947 bytes)    E11_84.jpg (123109 bytes)

 

4- UPGRADING (STAGE 4): MORE T-STRIPS AND WEATHERING

       

 

 

back to tutorials